The first summer CHAS outing this year takes us to Co. Cork where, in May, we will spend three days and two nights. We depart on Tuesday 23rd returning on Thursday 25th.
We will be staying in the Quality Hotel & Leisure Club in Clonakilty.
Our programme is:
- Leave Carlow railway station at 9.00 am for Mitchelstown Caves.
- On to Cork City to visit the English Market and lunch at a nearby restaurant.
- Visit Cork City Gaol Heritage Centre.
- On to our hotel in Clonakilty for dinner.
- Full day guided War of Independence Tour of Co. Cork visiting the sites associated with Michael Collins, Woodfield, Beal na Blath etc and
- the ambush sites associated with Tom Barry, Rosscarbery, Kilmichael etc
- Lunch – venue in consultation with our tour guide, Tim Crowley.
- Back to our hotel in Clonakilty to change for dinner in Man Fridays restaurant in Kinsale.
- On our journey home visit Charles Fort in Kinsale, Cobh Heritage Centre and possibly the Jameson Experience in Midleton.
The tour price includes:
- 2 nights accommodation in the Quality Hotel, Clonakilty
- Dinner in the hotel on Tuesday night
- Breakfast two mornings in hotel
- Luxury coach for three days with driver/guide
The cost is €270.00 per person sharing, with a single supplement at €20.00 per night.(€40.00 for trip). This cost includes entrance fees to venues but does not include lunches each day or the dinner in Man Fridays on Wednesday night.
A booking deposit of €75.00 per person is payable to the Carlow Historical & Archaeological Society, remittances to be posted to the society at P. O. Box 162, Carlow.
Bookings may be made to the society at the P.O. Box No. address above or to Pat O’Neill at 059 9141290, 087 2445646 or at email@example.com
Please book as early as possible as the available spaces may fill quickly.