Carlow Historical and Archaeological Society is committed to protect the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with the Data Protection legislation.
Carlow Historical and Archaeological Society will administer its responsibilities under the legislation in accordance with the eight stated data protection principles outlined in the Acts as follows:
- Obtain and process information fairly
- Keep it only for one or more specified and lawful purpose
- Process data only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was given initially
- Keep it safe and secure
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to any individual, on request
Our rules in relation to data protection are set out in the CHAS Privacy Statement which can be downloaded here.