The Society welcomes new members who share the objectives of the society.
The Society organises a comprehensive programme of events each year which includes lectures, outings and occasional overseas tours.
Benefits of Membership
- Each year during the winter months a series of lectures on historical and archaeological interest are arranged for members. Admission is free
- Each year during the summer months outings to places of historical and archaeological interest are arranged for members
- Such members as are on email are circulated with details of all lectures and outings together with details of other society activities
- Members are also entitled to attend, vote and stand for office at our annual general meeting
You can download the membership form below and post it to the society. You must then pay the relevant subscription as outlined below.
CHAS Membership Form – Complete online
CHAS Membership Form – Paper Form
Paying or Renewing Membership Subscriptions
You can pay CHAS subscriptions by any of these methods:
1. Standing Order: To pay by standing order please print and complete this Standing Order Form and submit to your bank. This is our preferred method for payment as it is automatic and removes the need for reminders to be issued annually.
2. Credit Card or PayPal: You can also pay membership fees via Credit Card or PayPal by clicking the relevant button below. . PayPal membership is not required to pay by card, just choose ‘Pay with aBank Account or Credit Card’ on the PayPal home page.
Individual Membership: €15
Family Membership: €25
3. Bank Transfer: You can pay direct to our bank account by bank transfer (please give your name and indicate it is a CHAS membership subscription). Carlow Historical & Archaeological Society, IBAN: IE17 AIBK 9331 0440 1980 84, BIC: AIBKIE2.
4. Post: You can send your subscription by post to Carlow Historical and Archaeological Society, PO Box 162, Carlow